I promised to post the ways you can get more familiar with your witness, from Wayne Dyer's Your Sacred Self (paraphrased in some sentences) Here you go:
- Notice the noticer.
- As you notice the noticer, remind yourself you cannot be hurt or suffer in any way. (you have a body, but you are not your body)
- Use this affirmation: "In my world, nothing ever goes wrong".
- When you find yourself troubled say: "I am more than what bothers me"
- Open to the idea that this will work for you - you've been conditioned to belief that your body is the essence of your humanity.
- Don't evaluate your progress at noticing the witness
- Practice new kinds of self talk. (You'd never say, "I am my broken leg"!) so let the noticer say "I am that which owns this body..."
- Practice observing thought 30 minutes a day
Download MP3 and right click to Save As